Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Apostle Carolyn Hendrix Engledow's Interview

Praise God for another woman's voice regarding women called to be ministers. One thing is evident, women do have a stron voice of conviction for their calling and strongly feel the authority of God given to them. Hel support those out on the field for the Lord with prayer and if so led, monetarily. Enjoy this journey with Apostle Carolyn Hendrix Engledow

Are you for or against women in ministry? No.

How was your opinion formulated through Scripture, culture, or tradition?
It is not necessarily our opinion. Women have ministered for God since Moses sister, Prophetess Miriam. Exodus 15:20 Deborah was a minister and Judge over Israel. Judges 4-5 There were many women who ministered from the Old to the New Testament, including the harlot who cried at Jesus feet, anointed them with her alabaster box of ointment, and dried them with her hair.

God revealed my calling to me and then through various pastors, prophets, evangelists, and apostles spiritually. He began equipping me with the gifts of healings, demonic deliverance, the discerning of spirits, the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, and prophecy. He ministers through me under the prophetic anointing of visions, trances, and dreams. I was licensed and ordained in the ministry by my current mentor and Covenant Pastor Rev. Solomon L. Armstrong. Lately, he opened the door to my apostleship and blessed me to license and ordain 28 apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers in the USA, Africa, and The Philippines. Through God I established The Early Church House Ministries, USA, Africa, The Philippines, International in branches throughout Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Liberia, and Cagayan De Oro, The Philippines.

Have women been represented correctly throughout Christian history?
No! God, not Paul, has called many women into the ministry. Many women have failed to enter forth into their calling, because most men, who pastor churches and regard flesh, have rebelled against God’s spiritual calling of women in the ministry.

What are the pitfalls for women in positions of leadership within the church?
Women in the ministry have to avoid feminine pride, love and be respectful of everyone, especially men in leadership. We should learn how to cope with the stigma of being regarded as the weaker sex despite our ministry. We should not be weary of pressure from the opposite sex. I would like to think that all women ministers should marry or remain celibate to circumvent fornication and adultery.

Have you struggled with this particular issue of the power and position of women in religion?
Yes, when I first entered my calling, I was in a Baptist church that was still rocking and reeling from the calling forth of the other female minister sitting in the pulpit. Most of them were not happy, but they accepted us. Their love and respect for us blossomed. We grew in numbers there. Even as the founder of The Early Church House Ministries I still must reveal to the male ministers that I licensed and ordained under our ministry that I am a woman, Apostle, and a seer or Prophet. I hear from God. He has set me over this ministry. He would not have ordained it to be so if I was not equipped for evangelism, training and licensing ministers, and church planting. I have to remind them and others that I am not walking in my own wisdom, but I minister according to the Holy Scriptures and God’s divine will. Sometimes I have to take them to the scriptures to show them scriptural proof and cross references to confirm God’s instructions and revelations.

Are only feminists interested in this particular concern?
No, definitely no. Some denominations reject women in the ministry. Men, women, and male ministers still reject women in the ministry.

What is the ideal role of women in Christianity?
Let's talk. The ideal role of women in Christianity will never be found in any ministerial title. A woman’s role in Christianity is basically to be born again and compel others to come into the Kingdom of God. God set ministerial gifts in the body of Christ to edify the body of Christ, and equip and perfect the saints for the work of the ministry. But Jesus gave us the sole purpose of our ministry. It didn’t have anything to do with men and women were clergy collars or titles. Simplistically, he said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15. His words provide a role for all Christians in the body of Christ. Amen.

The reminder of God's commission by Apostle Carolyn Hendrix Engledow still remains waiting for those to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment